Labels: food
Hello readers! (no response) I'm gonna introduce 2 food places I've been to recently so that you guys can also try it out if you wanna. I guess I'm always on the lookout for all these 'hidden' cafes because the decor and the whole look of the place attracts my attention even before I try their food.
So first up is this small cafe called Kichn which I had lunch at last wk. Situated at Albert Court, people tend to miss this quaint little place because its overshadowed by taller buildings and construction work around the area. But its actually very near to Laselle. Check their website out for the address. I heard abt this place from JJ, and we wanted to lunch there the other day but realised they do not open for lunch on weekdays. Only saturday (which was when I went). Apparently they only have one main cook who prepares all the sauces - of which some are quite unique. Basically, the notion brought forward to you is to 'embrace your right to choose' and 'satisfy gastronomical tantrums'. Thought it was pretty witty, no?
K enough of me blabbering, lets go straight to the food. You choose a base, main and sauce. Customise your own meal! The selection is not very wide but I'd say its good enough for a small cafe. Sauces include the yummilicious-sounding Chilli Crab, which would taste better if it was a lil bit more spicy and less sweet and maybe more egg? The cream sauce wasn't really fantastic, i have had better ones which were less starchy. But the mains were pretty decent. J had the chicken roll with ham and cheese ($10.90) while I chose grilled dory ($8.90, they gave me 2 big pieces!) And did I mention how their food came in cute little brown paper boxes? Great for takeaways! Oh and before I forget, they have ice blends too. And once again, you can choose what you want. Single/double/triple blend from a whole list. What we had - Bandung (which was the special for that week) and strawberry+oreo :>
Okay, so that was lunch. Dinner was at this really really nice and once again, simple and clean cafe bistro at the end of Arab Street. Fika serves sweddish cuisine which I'm sure most people will love because of Ikea's famous meatballs. I think I can live in Sweden now, and just eat Sweddish Panbiff and meatballs everyday. And sip on some strawberry cream tea...
J and I were not that hungry so we shared a Sweddish Panbiff, which was 2 medium sized beef patties with mashed potato, creamy sauce (like the ones Ikea uses for meatballs) and lingonberry jam (same as the one they use in Ikea). It comes with a healthy serving of salad too! I really love beef, I mean I can eat beef everyday and not get sick of it. And what more beef patties! The sauce is just so awesome with the beef, I love that its creamy. All for $17.90+. Cant recall what the rest ordered, I think someone ordered a crepe which looked really yummy too. It had savoury stuffing mmmm. Anyway you can check out the menu from their website!
Their desserts look good tooo. HH ordered an apple crumble which came with a scoop of icecream, and we also had a brownie with icecream. Very good brownie I would say, and I'm not much of a fan of brownies. I'll probably go back again to try their dessert and crepe :>
Okay wow what a long food post omg. Hope you guys are salivating hahaha go and try okay?!
is 21 OMGZ
gemini
enjoys icecream, baking & sweet treats
graduates in a year and a half
white.black.grey.navy. boringboringboring much?
loves God, and friends
loves music and tigerlily; the 60gb ipod video
fashion, vintage, polaroid junkie
1706 is the day! :D
M83/graveyard girl
Tilly and the Wall/pot kettle black
Tilly and the Wall/rainbows in the dark
The Jealous Girlfriends/roboxulla
Parachute Band/living rain
Kings of Convenience/misread
Yelle/je veux te voir (club-club version)
New Young Pony Club/the bomb
Hillsong/to the ends of the earth
friendster
MTV
1T37 first intake
1T37 second intake
cj bowling
brandon
canni/shiya
charlotte
daniel
deana
edwin
ele
hafi
hannah
huisi
huiting
jonas
kami
louie
lynn
melly
michelle
mike
momo
nikki
phong
phy
sharon
sher
shijie
shou
terence
tkl
vania
weng
xinyi
yining
yimin
zephy
photos!
shutterfly albums
STUFF FOR SALE
previous blog
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
April 2011
guestbook